The vulnerability is caused when packets in transit on the vulnerable device require translation on the SIP payload.
Cisco has released free software updates that address this vulnerability. A workaround that mitigates the vulnerability is available.
This advisory is available at the following link:
- Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco NX-OS (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco Small Business SRP 500 Series (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Network Address Translation (NAT) (computrnetworking.wordpress.com)
- Cisco: Multiple Vulnerabilities; ASA 5500, Catalyst 6500 (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Cisco Releases Multiple Security Advisories (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)