If you use any type of mobile device in your day to day life….keep reading. Ignorance can only bring you so far!
Two separate studies of mobile devices have found serious privacy and security issues. One of the studies found that smartphones and tablet PCs can be eavesdropped on when they are being used to make purchases, conduct online banking transactions, or access VPNs (virtual private networks). Another study uncovered a number of ways to break into Apple’s iOS, its operating system for mobile devices. It is likely that cyber criminals will increasingly turn to mobile devices in their attacks as the devices become more and more commonplace in business transactions.
This past year’s wave of high-profile, extremely sophisticated cyberattacks are a watershed moment for the security field, according to RSA chief Arthur Coviello.
SAN FRANCISCO (CNNMoney) — This past year’s wave of high-profile, extremely sophisticated cyberattacks are a watershed moment for the security field, according to RSA chief Arthur Coviello.
“People in our line of work have been going through hell in the past 12 months,” Coviello said during his kickoff keynote for RSA’s 2012 conference, one of the largest annual gatherings of U.S. cybersecurity professionals. “Our networks will be penetrated. We should no longer be surprised by this.”
- The next breed of security analyst needs to be from the military (venturebeat.com)
- Symantec: Cyber Attacks May Be Costing Your Business Big $ (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- RSA 2012: Security Engineers Seek Prophecy in Mick Jagger, Aretha Franklin (readwriteweb.com)
- RSA Conference 2012 and Ponemon Institute Join Forces for 2012 Research (365.rsaconference.com)
- Deception and the art of cyber security (scmagazine.com)
A rash of new legislation aims to protect consumers and businesses from cybercrime, but do these laws make a difference? This edition of The Malware Report podcast explores the approaches that cybercrime legislation take to the problem and what further steps can be taken.
Podcast I came across and found it valuable enough to share. Enjoy!