Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco WebEx Player – Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
The Cisco WebEx Recording Format (WRF) player contains three buffer overflow vulnerabilities. In some cases, exploitation of the vulnerabilities could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system with the privileges of a targeted user.
The Cisco WebEx Players are applications that are used to play back WebEx meeting recordings that have been recorded on a WebEx meeting site or on the computer of an online meeting attendee. The players can be automatically installed when the user accesses a recording file that is hosted on a WebEx meeting site. The players can also be manually
installed for offline playback after downloading the application from
If the WRF player was automatically installed, it will be automatically upgraded to the latest, nonvulnerable version when users access a recording file that is hosted on a WebEx meeting site. If the WRF player was manually installed, users will need to manually install anew version of the player after downloading the latest version from
Cisco has updated affected versions of the WebEx meeting sites and WRF player to address these vulnerabilities.
This advisory is available at the following link:
- Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco Small Business SRP 500 Series (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Cisco Security Advisory: Cisco IOS Software Smart Install Denial of Service Vulnerability (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Cisco Security Appliances at risk from Telnet bug (netsecurityit.wordpress.com)
- Cisco Security Advisory: Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities in the Cisco WebEx Player (seclists.org)
- CVE-2012-1336 (webex_recording_format_player) (web.nvd.nist.gov)
- CVE-2012-1335 (webex_recording_format_player) (web.nvd.nist.gov)